On The Hill: CAIC benefit bash and a winter storm warning
December 28, 2015
VIDEO: Z Griff heads to the Colorado Avalanche Information Center bash in Breckenridge on Saturday before hitting the Breck park on a sunny Sunday. Then, the news of the week: the first official winter storm warning of the season. It started at 5:30 a.m. Monday morning and is still gently falling.
Breckenridge official report: 6″, 6″, 0″
Summit Daily field report: The storm is here! Head out and play in the soft, cold snow. It hardly feels like November.
Weather: High 32°, Low 13°. Wind 7 mph with gusts to 1 6mph. Snow will continue through the day with 1-3 inches projected.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Won’t be too bad, especially compared to the weekend.
Breakdown: Denver didn’t get the blizzard it expected, but Summit got plenty of snow — and there’s more on the way.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne