On the Hill: Checking out a secret log jib on Peak 9 in Breckenridge
December 10, 2015
VIDEO: Our faithful snow correspondent ZGriff takes us to a little log on Peak 9 and gives a shout to friend and roommate Yanna on her birthday and a shout to the inventor of the TV host position and NY icon Joe Franklin who passed away yesterday at 88 for Sunday Skool.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ 0″ 0″
Summit Daily field report: It is a very warm morning and the high today is 40 degrees. Some strong wind gusts on the lift but not bad on the runs or in the trees. There is a cloud cover and a small amount of snow falling.
Weather: High of 40 degrees and a low of 25 degrees with gusts of wind. Mostly cloudy and low light.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Some people on the bus and milling around the base area but not crowded this morning on the lifts.
Breakdown: It is a nice warm morning here in Summit with cloud cover. The snow is soft and the groomers are excellent. There is even a bit of wind depositing and buff. The snow is soft enough everywhere to rip. There are a lot of avalanche bombs going off as patrol attempts to stabilize after the flux in temp and it is interesting to note how much louder they are without fresh snow to absorb the sound.
Sunday Skool: Yesterday Joe Franklin passed away at 88. Franklin was who most credit with inventing the position of TV host. His show aired from the 1950s until 1993 and he embodied NY city and the time and shaped the world of tv broadcast.
Trending In: On The Hill
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED