On The Hill: Early-season jibbing at A-Basin and the Nightmare Haunted House (video)
December 21, 2015
VIDEO: Ski season is about ready to kick off, with Keystone opening this weekend before Breckenridge and Copper Mountain open Nov. 13. Until then, whet your appetite with scenes from the early-season park at Arapahoe Basin and the Nightmare Snowboards haunted house on Halloween. These guys are spooky good.
Snow report: Arapahoe Basin reported 6″ in the past 24 hours and Loveland reported 9″. Keystone showed about 7″ on the snow stake, and it’s still coming down across Summit.
Recommended Stories For You
Summit Daily field report: The snow started early this morning and hasn’t let up since. It’s not snowing hard, but it’s cold and consistent. That’s all you can ask for this time of the season.
Weather: Reports are calling for light flurries throughout the day and likely into Friday afternoon.
Lift lines: Pretty empty.
Breakdown: Tomorrow is opening day at Keystone. Lifts start spinning at 9 a.m., and you’d better believe Z Griff will be there.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)