On The Hill: MakingTurns Vol. 2, the next backcountry guide from Fritz Sperry (video)
February 11, 2017
VIDEO: In early Febril, backcountry guide and Summit Daily columnist Fritz Sperry launched the second installment in his guidebook series, “MakingTurns in Colorado’s Front Range, Vol. 2,” at Underground Snowboard Shop in Breckenridge. Z Griff was there to meet the man himself, get some scribbles on a copy of the guide and watch Sperry’s companion video, made to highlight backcountry safety and backcountry badassery. Want a copy? See the Giterdun Publishing website.
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 0″, 0″
Summit Daily field report: It was very warm and very windy yesterday and today we see the storm roll in.
Weather: High of 36F, low of 12F. 60% chance of snow with 1″-3″ expected throughout the day.
Lift lines: Saturday crowds may be decent today since it is so nice in the city.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Fingers are crossed that we will see some snow from the storm that is rolling in today.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape