On The Hill: Nothing but fresh for the hike to Aspen’s Highland Bowl with 11″ (snow video)
March 1, 2017
VIDEO: Z Griff goes pow chasing on a road trip to Aspen Highlands and Snowmass, where he checked a few items off the bucket list and met up with Aspen On The Hil correspondent Anna Stonehouse. First up: making the classic Aspen hike to Highland Bowl for nearly a foot of fresh snow on Tuesday. If you haven’t been yet, don’t worry — there’s still plenty of season and snow to come.
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 5″, 8″ (overnight, 24h, 48h)
Summit Daily field report: Snow came down throughout the state with Wolf Creek getting 17″ yesterday and Aspen Highlands getting 11″. Summit saw smaller totals but reports have it that the reset was great.
Weather: High of 22F, low of 5F. Sunny and brilliant today.
Lift lines: Snow throughout CO meant for mellow lift lines. Today could be a bit busy with the bluebird conditions.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: We had a blast over in Aspen at Snowmass and Highlands, and I was able to check one off the bucket list. Thanks for the great time Aspen.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor