On The Hill: One day, two first chairs at Loveland and A-Basin (video)
December 16, 2015
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: On The Hill correspondent Z Griff meets up with the 4G network — Summit locals Nate Dogggg, Trailer Tom and pro rider Chad Otterstrom — for first chair and opening day at Loveland Ski Area on Oct. 29. Then, it’s off to the first terrain park laps of the season.
Snow report: 23″ total at Loveland, with 2″ in the past day and it’s falling.
Recommended Stories For You
Summit Daily field report: Opening day was chilly in the morning and gorgeous in the afternoon. Opening weekend shouldbe about the same.
Lift lines: Typical opening day crowds. Expect to wait 5-15 minutes.
Breakdown: Loveland did it right for opening day. Nate Dogggg recorded his 20th consecutive first chair and the snow was a nice combo of manmade and natural. Look for the A-Basin recap this weekend.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape