On The Hill: Opening day powder at Copper Mountain (video)
December 23, 2015
VIDEO: Z Griff keeps the opening day train rolling with a stop at Copper Mountain on Veteran’s Day. Mother Nature greeted hundreds of skiers and riders with about 8 inches of fresh snow, with more falling throughout the day. The best part? Hardly any wind.
Snow report: Copper reporter 7 inches overnight and it’s still falling in big, fat flakes.
Summit Daily field report: You can’t ask for anything better than powder on opening day. There are tons of people out there, so be ready for early-season moguls and a few slid-off areas.
Weather: It’s snowing lightly this afternoon, but the sun is starting to peek through the clouds. It’s also pretty chilly — don’t forget the neckwarmer and thick gloves.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Expect to wait about 10-15 minutes. It’s worth it.
Breakdown: That’s three Summit County resorts down, one to go. Watch for opening day coverage from Breckenridge on Nov. 13.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver