On The Hill: Opening day powder at Copper Mountain (video)
December 23, 2015
VIDEO: Z Griff keeps the opening day train rolling with a stop at Copper Mountain on Veteran’s Day. Mother Nature greeted hundreds of skiers and riders with about 8 inches of fresh snow, with more falling throughout the day. The best part? Hardly any wind.
Snow report: Copper reporter 7 inches overnight and it’s still falling in big, fat flakes.
Summit Daily field report: You can’t ask for anything better than powder on opening day. There are tons of people out there, so be ready for early-season moguls and a few slid-off areas.
Weather: It’s snowing lightly this afternoon, but the sun is starting to peek through the clouds. It’s also pretty chilly — don’t forget the neckwarmer and thick gloves.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Expect to wait about 10-15 minutes. It’s worth it.
Breakdown: That’s three Summit County resorts down, one to go. Watch for opening day coverage from Breckenridge on Nov. 13.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Quandary muddles over mud season
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion