On The Hill: Pow day, park day 2-for-1 at Breck and Beaver Creek (snow video)
May 10, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: The spring snows have been hitting hard and the high alpine is getting pounded. The Imperial Bowl was blanketed and we “Straight Linus’d” it yesterday on Thursday, the 24th of March. Then we #fbf to sunny park laps with the Weston Snowboards crew at Rodeo in Beaver Creek.
Breckenridge official report: 2″, 2″, 13″
Summit Daily field report: At 5 a.m. today the snow report said 2″ at Breck. It has snowed at least an inch or two since then and it is socked in on the mountain. 1″ to 2″ more expected throughout the day (80 percent chance).
Recommended Stories For You
Weather: High of 27 F, low of 11 F. Snow.
Lift lines: There are going to be some lift lines as hungry pow hounds descend upon the fluff.
Breakdown: The spring snows keep coming and the conditions are incredible. Snow in the forecast through Saturday night.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Denver loses U.S. bid for 2030 Olympics to Salt Lake City
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Two arrested for participation in poaching operation
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you