On The Hill: Powder day road trip to Beaver Creek (video)
January 11, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: After a weekend of snowstorms that covered Beaver Creek with nearly a foot and a half, Z Griff couldn’t resist the call to head over after 8 inches of fresh fell on Sunday night. Here’s his recap from Monday, the first BC powder day of the season.
Breckenridge official report: 1″, 2″, 5″
Summit daily field report: It was a cold night and morning and it snowed a small amount overnight.
Weather: High 22°, Low 10°. Sunny and cold.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Tuesday crowds will be OK but there might be some spillover from the holidays. Lots of open mountains and terrain means thinner crowds.
Breakdown: Small snow accumulations over the last few days makes for excellent groomers today. Fairly cold, even with the sun, but temps will increase significantly in the next day or two.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case