On The Hill: Shredding Breckenridge Lake Chutes high above mist (video)
February 16, 2017
VIDEO: It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood — for dropping into the double-black, high-alpine terrain at Lake Chutes. Z Griff makes the traverse from the Peak 8 summit to the cornices above the chutes for big turns on an empty day. Fast forward to 1:45 for the drop.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnight, 0″ in 24 hours, 0″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: The sun has been out and the runs are excellent. Great day for park and halfpipe as well.
Weather: High of 47F, low of 16F. Sunny and calm.
Lift lines: We may see the start of President’s Weekend crowds today.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Sun and fun today in Summit.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Sunday Update: Local crews mopping-up hot spots as rain helps suppress Buffalo Fire