On The Hill: Take a road trip to Monarch on 2nd opening day (snow video)
January 13, 2017
VIDEO: It’s easy to get stuck in a rut of the same old, same old. Z Griff takes advantage of bottomless snow all across Colorado for a day-long road trip to Monarch, one of three resorts (along with Crested Butte and Arapahoe Basin) that closed due to too much snow this past week. Yes, not one, but three ski resorts had too much snow for skiing. Here’s what it looked like when the chairs and slopes opened up again.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnigh, 0″ in 24 hours, 9″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: It has been quite a storm system and today is a gorgeous bluebird day.
Weather: High of 33 F, low of 15 F. The sun has arrived.
Lift lines: The roads are clear and the people will be out to get it. That being said, there is a lot open and a lot of tired legs from the past week.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Sunny and warm and no wind…we call it postcard weather. Bombs are blasting this morning and the high alpine (Lake Chutes, Peak 6 hike) did not open yesterday. Expect both to open this weekend.
Trending In: On The Hill
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)