On The Hill: Wind buff buffet on a breezy March day (video)
March 7, 2017
Did you miss yesterday’s video edit? Click on for every On The Hill video with Z Griff as host (that’s nearly 300 in three seasons). Like, comment and repost your favorites!
VIDEO: It was a blustery one last night across Summit County, with gusts up to 60 or 70 miles per hour across Breckenridge, Copper and Keystone. That makes for sketchy snow totals at some resorts — chances are good that yesterday’s 3″ will look more like 0″ on some faces — but it also means the windloaded terrain will be riding deep and soft. Z Griff gets out to get some.
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 3″, 3″
Summit Daily field report: It was seriously windy last night and blew the snow into some pockets. The groomers are excellent and it looks like some wind grooming happened in areas like Horseshoe Bowl.
Weather: High of 28F, low of 17F. Mostly sunny.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Not going to be bad lines today.
Breakdown: A mighty wind blew in last night and deposited some snow in spots.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall