On The Hill: Windy Peak 8 summit hike to get the goods at Snow White (video)
January 23, 2017
VIDEO: It’s the start of another snowstorm in Summit County and there are plenty of fresh turns to be had — if you’re willing to put in the work. Z Griff and family make the hike from Imperial Chair to the summit of Peak 8 for one of the best high-alpine runs on the mountain: Snow White, found on the far northern ridge between Peak 8 and Peak 7. Oh yes, it was worth it.
Fast forward to 2:11 for the beginning of the traverse and the drop into fairyland.
Breckenridge official report: 2″ overnight, 3″ in 24 hours, 8″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: Breckenridge reported 2″ overnight and it has been lightly snowing all morning.
Weather: High of 29 F, low of 12 F. Snowing.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Monday means the lift lines won’t be too bad.
Breakdown: The storm cycle moves into Summit and we are looking at some good days coming up if all goes well. Snowing currently and great soft conditions.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- After surprise reunion with estranged mother, Katie Uhlaender finishes 13th
- Vail is implementing new short-term regulations in March. Here’s what is required
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live