Skier Ethan Swadburg makes it back-to-back Aspen Open wins
February 26, 2017
One makes it fun. Two makes it true.
From Feb. 16-18, Dillon's Ethan Swadburg made it true with his second straight win at the Aspen Snowmass Freeskiing Open. Swadburg — known as Swadburglar on the Internet and Instagram — stole the 2016 slopestyle contest from a field of more than 100 skiers from every corner of the globe. He did it again on Feb. 17 with a line that included 630 outs, double 1080s and a switch double 900, all on the same course pro slayed for the Winter X Games in January. The longtime Team Breckenridge and Team Hawks Freeride athlete took the win from another stacked field of Americans, Australians, Kiwis, Canadians, Argentinians and skiers from just about every ski club between Breckenridge and Park City, Utah.
Read on for Swadburg's victory interview with Tim Remick of Monster Energy, one of the skier's sponsors.
Trending In: Recreation
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced