Testing Breck’s Six Senses at the 2017 GoPro Big Mountain Challenge (photos)
March 20, 2017
On Saturday and Sunday, 170 youth skiers and snowboarders tested their mettle at the 2017 GoPro Big Mountain Challenge on the Six Senses: a dastardly, high-alpine cliff band between Peak 6 and Peak 7 at Breckenridge with cliffs, chutes and slopes up to 40 degrees. These kids crushed it.
Trending In: Recreation
- YSL crowns 2017 overall team and individual champs, plus 2017 GoPro Big Mountain Challenge
- Breckenridge Ski Resort to skiers: Uphill access isn’t yet open
- Play safe, play all season with progression terrain parks at Keystone, Copper and Breckenridge
- Ski Club Vail’s CB Bechtel takes over as new Team Summit Colorado executive director
- Ski Granby Ranch chairlift underwent mechanical overhaul before fatal accident
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor