Frisco hosts annual classic boat show
August 15, 2016
The town of Frisco hosts its annual Rocky Mountain Classic Boat Show at the Frisco Bay Marina this Saturday, August 20.
The free, public viewing starts at 9 a.m. with a boat parade ensuing at 12:30 p.m. Between 20 and 30 boat owners will be on hand with their timeless wooden crafts.
"Seeing classic wooden boats brings a lot of people back to their youth and the time they spent on a lake during that time," marina manager Phil Hofer said in a news release. "It harks back to summer's simple pleasures and the fine craftsmanship, which can still be found on lakes around the country."
The Frisco Bay Marina is a full-service marina offering kayak, stand-up paddle board, canoe, runabout, fishing boat, fishing pole and pontoon boat rentals, as well as lakeside dining. The marina also offers reservoir tours on a classic fiberglass boat. For more information, please visit: http://www.friscomarina.com or call (970) 668-4334.
Trending In: Watersports
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9