Frisco hosts annual classic boat show
August 15, 2016
The town of Frisco hosts its annual Rocky Mountain Classic Boat Show at the Frisco Bay Marina this Saturday, August 20.
The free, public viewing starts at 9 a.m. with a boat parade ensuing at 12:30 p.m. Between 20 and 30 boat owners will be on hand with their timeless wooden crafts.
"Seeing classic wooden boats brings a lot of people back to their youth and the time they spent on a lake during that time," marina manager Phil Hofer said in a news release. "It harks back to summer's simple pleasures and the fine craftsmanship, which can still be found on lakes around the country."
The Frisco Bay Marina is a full-service marina offering kayak, stand-up paddle board, canoe, runabout, fishing boat, fishing pole and pontoon boat rentals, as well as lakeside dining. The marina also offers reservoir tours on a classic fiberglass boat. For more information, please visit: http://www.friscomarina.com or call (970) 668-4334.
Trending In: Watersports
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape