Sign up now to audition for Backstage Theatre’s fall production of ‘Annie’
May 3, 2018
Breckenridge Backstage Theatre will be offering auditions next week for actors and actresses who are 6 years old and up and interested in being in the theater's fall production of "Annie."
"Annie" is a worldwide phenomenon that won seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical. The local auditions will go from 4:30-8:30 p.m. May 8-9 at the Riverwalk Center with a dance callback set for May 11.
Rehearsals begin in early June, but the schedule is meant to be flexible with summer vacations and work schedules. However, participants must be available the weeks of Aug. 13-23 for final rehearsals with performances Aug. 24-Sept. 2, also at the Riverwalk Center.
Anyone wanting to audition will sign up for hourlong slots to learn and sing a selection from the show and read from the script, according to Backstage Theatre. Choreography callbacks will be May 11, but not everyone will participate in the callbacks. Parking at the Riverwalk Center is free throughout May.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- Sail away with me: reader photos from this week
- Ullr Fest parade, shot ski take over Breckenridge
- New cocktail lounge in the mix after closing of Barkley Ballroom in Frisco
- Breckenridge honors Norse god of snow with Ullr Fest
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case