August 15, 2016
Friends of the Eagle's Nest Wilderness (FENW) is a nonprofit corporation who aide Ranger Districts in Summit and Eagle County. They help with preventing environmental degradation, mitigating weeds, protecting wilderness characteristics, maintain trails and bridges as well as helping with Wilderness education.
Although a nonprofit organization, donations are accepted and you can even join the team. Other than taking care of the wilderness, the FENW wants you to explore their trails and hikes. With about twenty hikes in Eagle's nest, there's a lot to see and a lot of work for the FENW. Become a volunteer and help the FENW keep the wilderness looking natural and beautiful.
Learn what noxious weeds are and why we don't want them in our wilderness. Any questions or concerns you can always contact the FENW, even if it's just to congratulate them on the amazing job they do.
Trending In: Silverthorne Outdoor Adventure
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to host unprecedented ski mountaineering event
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Copper Mountain looks to open American Flyer by Christmas