Gore Range: Silverthorne’s Backyard
August 15, 2016
Silverthorne is home to the beautiful Gore Range, reaching an elevation of about 13,000 feet. Among this range are some trails such as the one that starts from Copper Mountain and heads out to Lost Lake. You'll see rivers, creeks, abandoned valleys and canyons all in one trip.
It's better to be prepared which is why it's always a good idea to have a map of the trails as well as information about the trail so you know what's allowed and what isn't. The Dillon Ranger District is the best place to get information about the Gore Range before venturing out into the Wilderness, which you will have to do. While you're there, check out Gore Range Outfitters for the perfect place to get all of your horseback riding, fishing and hunting gear to tackle the Gore Range.
Trending In: Silverthorne Outdoor Adventure
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- High Country Crime: Pain drugs stolen from ski patrol shack atop Buttermilk
- Colorado startup launches product to facilitate ski-to-ski binding switches with bare hands
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir