Gore Range: Silverthorne’s Backyard
August 15, 2016
Silverthorne is home to the beautiful Gore Range, reaching an elevation of about 13,000 feet. Among this range are some trails such as the one that starts from Copper Mountain and heads out to Lost Lake. You'll see rivers, creeks, abandoned valleys and canyons all in one trip.
It's better to be prepared which is why it's always a good idea to have a map of the trails as well as information about the trail so you know what's allowed and what isn't. The Dillon Ranger District is the best place to get information about the Gore Range before venturing out into the Wilderness, which you will have to do. While you're there, check out Gore Range Outfitters for the perfect place to get all of your horseback riding, fishing and hunting gear to tackle the Gore Range.
Trending In: Silverthorne Outdoor Adventure
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Sunday Update: Local crews mopping-up hot spots as rain helps suppress Buffalo Fire