Gore Range: Silverthorne’s Backyard
August 15, 2016
Silverthorne is home to the beautiful Gore Range, reaching an elevation of about 13,000 feet. Among this range are some trails such as the one that starts from Copper Mountain and heads out to Lost Lake. You'll see rivers, creeks, abandoned valleys and canyons all in one trip.
It's better to be prepared which is why it's always a good idea to have a map of the trails as well as information about the trail so you know what's allowed and what isn't. The Dillon Ranger District is the best place to get information about the Gore Range before venturing out into the Wilderness, which you will have to do. While you're there, check out Gore Range Outfitters for the perfect place to get all of your horseback riding, fishing and hunting gear to tackle the Gore Range.
Trending In: Silverthorne Outdoor Adventure
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Frisco approves new short-term rental ordinance