Silverthorne, CO Recreation Center
August 15, 2016
Spend the day at the Silverthorne Recreation Center where you can practice your backstroke in one of the four pools, beat your personal record at the track or relieve some stress in the cardio room. Located right off of fourth street in Silverthorne, it's still in the heart of town and easy to get to.
The Recreation Center has tons to do, including drop in classes. Just take a look at their Pastimes brochure to see what is going on and how much it costs to join. With tons of amenities and classes, it could be hard to choose. The best idea would be to join the rec center and have an option of using everything there is. There's an aquatics center with a weekly schedule if you want to channel your inner fish. There's also a gymnasium with a drop in schedule for all sorts of activities such as volleyball and basketball. There's even an indoor track that has the best views of the surrounding mountains.
Although the Silverthorne Recreation Center is a great place to work out and get your body moving, it's also a great spot to host birthday parties. With four different pools and several slides, it's a guarantee that your kids will have the best time here. If you don't have to chaperone the party, why not take advantage of one of the drop in classes. You can choose from yoga, pilates, water fitness, indoor cycling and much more.
Or if you're just starting out as a Zumba teacher, you can rent a room at the Rec Center and get in some quality time with other people who enjoy the same thing you do. Of course even if you're not into Zumba, room rentals are available for everyone. Keep in mind there are a few policies that must be followed by everyone who wants to enjoy the recreation center.
Trending In: Silverthorne Rec Center
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- High Country Crime: Pain drugs stolen from ski patrol shack atop Buttermilk
- Colorado startup launches product to facilitate ski-to-ski binding switches with bare hands
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir