Snowshoe for the Cure drums up $90K
March 9, 2017
More than 900 people showed up, many in pink, some more than others, for Snowshoe for the Cure at Frisco's Nordic Center on Friday and Saturday. The winter-based walks came in the tradition of snowshoe fun and community spirit.
Altogether, it has raised over $1 million since its inception to fight breast cancer, with this weekend's festivities generating more than $90,000 alone, according to organizers. Susan G. Komen Colorado and the town of Frisco organized the family-friendly event that included Friday's Pink Party with a 3k, a 5k and Lil' Stomper Dash for children, all on Saturday.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Silverthorne gives marijuana dispensary second chance after undercover sting
- Vail Resorts CEO gives $620K to support mental health programs in Summit County
- Summit County comes together and sings Christmas carols for cancer-stricken SHS student Taylor Ash
- Frisco interviews finalist for town manager position