Summit 360 video: Frisco Bay Marina
January 22, 2017
Editor's note: Summit 360 is a new series of daily 360 videos by the Summit Daily News. Check our website every day for new videos from events and places around Summit County.
The Frisco Bay Marina is located on the shores of Lake Dillon on the eastern side of Frisco’s Main Street. The reservoir spans 3,300 acres and possesses 25 miles of shoreline surrounded by majestic peaks, and is a local favorite for boating, canoeing and stand-up paddle boarding. At an elevation of 9,017 feet, the boating season is weather dependent, but typically runs from early June to early or mid September. On this wintry Sunday afternoon, barely a soul is in sight to take in the scenic vistas.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system