Summit Music and Arts announces 2018-19 season
October 8, 2018
There's only a few weeks to wait before the 2018-19 Summit Music and Arts season begins. On Sunday, Oct. 28, jazz band The Hennessy Six will perform at 455 Nottingham Ranch Road, Avon, in collaboration with the Eagle River Presbyterian Church. The show starts at 5 p.m. and general admission is $10 while reserved seating costs $25.
Then in February, in collaboration with the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance, guitarist Colin McAllister will present his interesting blend of music, history and theology. The concert begins at 4 p.m. on Feb. 10 at the Briggle House Museum, 104 Harris St., Breckenridge. There is limited seating and tickets costs $30.
The following month The Mendelssohn Trio, composed of pianist Theodor Lichtmann, violinist Erik Peterson and cellist Barbara Thiem, will play at Colorado Mountain College's Finkel Auditorium, 107 Denison Placer Road, Breckenridge. It starts at 4 p.m. on March 10 and tickets are $30. Students under 17 are free.
Five days later the Celtic folk duo Four Shillings Short will kick off a St. Patrick's Day party at Highside, 720 Main St, Frisco, on March 15 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. There is a $10 cover charge.
On April 7 hear the sounds of Brahms, Mozart and Piazzolla with pianist Hsing-ay Hsu and the Altius Quartet. The group will perform at Dillon Community Church, 371 E. La Bonte St., Dillon, at 4 p.m. Tickets cost $30.
Closing out the season is a concert by young composers from the Western Slope. On April 29 at 6 p.m. at Summit Middle School, 158 School Road, Frisco, the musicians will perform original pieces from the annual Young Composers Competition. There is a $5 suggested donation.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit SummitMusicAndArts.org to purchase tickets.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Breckenridge’s Beaver Run Resort revamp focuses on deli, bars, restaurant
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Aurum opens in Breckenridge intent on being the gold standard of restaurant experiences
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Arapahoe Basin, Loveland ski areas announce opening days for 2018-19 season
- Breckenridge OKs $8 million to build town-owned fiber optic network
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: Wife of former sheriff throws support behind Derek Woodman