Video: Denver artist creates mural for outdoor stage at Silverthorne Performing Arts Center
October 5, 2017
Denver artist Mike Graves is in Silverthorne this week at the town’s new Performing Arts Center, spray-painting a mural for the outdoor stage. The artist began the project on Wednesday, and expects to be wrapping up with the work on Friday.
Graves is a multi-disciplinary artist, focusing on a large range of mediums, including paintings, illustrations, murals and art figures, according to his bio. His goal is to paint whimsical, bright character-based work that brings people joy and helps them feel like a child again. His art has been seen in Hawaii, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Canada, Australia and the U.K.
The public is invited to stop by the Silverthorne Performing Arts Center during the day to watch his work.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Powder parties: Celebrate the opening of ski resorts with music, giveaways, beer
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Dog-friendly breweries in Breckenridge, Frisco and throughout Colorado
- Final show at the Barkley Ballroom in Frisco leaves owners feeling nostalgic
- Hey, Spike! finds tiny homes rolling up big time
- Copper Mountain Resort wants to expand snowmaking, trails and overnight camping options
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Summit County’s snowpack is double what it usually is this time of the year
- ‘Bring the stoke!’: OpenSnow’s Joel Gratz energizes locals for winter at Breckenridge speech
- Silverthorne family wins fight to bring Haitian boy to The Peak School