World’s largest snow fort under construction at Keystone Resort
December 13, 2016
Flake Benders, a local group of professional snow sculptors, are right in the middle of constructing the world's largest snow fort at the top of Dercum Mountain at Keystone Resort. Varying this year from the traditional castle, the snow fort features a series of tunnels, slides and mazes. Artists from Oregon, Michigan, California, Colorado and even Cuba are a part of the team helping construct the fort. Team captain Rick Seeley designed the fort, and the construction of the fort will end up taking 12 days to complete.
The Kidtopia Snow Fort is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 17 and is free to guests with lift access.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Breckenridge’s Beaver Run Resort revamp focuses on deli, bars, restaurant
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Renowned wildlife photog Joel Sartore to talk ‘Building the Photo Ark’ Saturday in Breckenridge
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on opening day
- Summit County placed under hazardous weather outlook
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Summit County welcomes winter as storm wraps region in first blast of snow