World’s largest snow fort under construction at Keystone Resort
December 13, 2016
Flake Benders, a local group of professional snow sculptors, are right in the middle of constructing the world's largest snow fort at the top of Dercum Mountain at Keystone Resort. Varying this year from the traditional castle, the snow fort features a series of tunnels, slides and mazes. Artists from Oregon, Michigan, California, Colorado and even Cuba are a part of the team helping construct the fort. Team captain Rick Seeley designed the fort, and the construction of the fort will end up taking 12 days to complete.
The Kidtopia Snow Fort is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 17 and is free to guests with lift access.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- #ExploreSummit: White winter
- Reader photos: peaks and peeks
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- Safety first: Copper Mountain Resort, Loveland Ski Area host weekend of safety-related events
- New cocktail lounge in the mix after closing of Barkley Ballroom in Frisco
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Breckenridge Ski Resort ski instructing community thanks 90-year-old for his contributions
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit