New weekly Tuesday Summit County mental-health support group
July 11, 2017
The High Country chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness introduces a free weekly support group in Summit County.
Connection group is for those who are living with mental illness or substance abuse issues. It begins with a short meditation followed by a chance to share your story and listen to others in this confidential setting, and NAMI's goal is to help each participant brainstorm ideas for how to address challenges as well as celebrate successes.
The meet-up takes place every first, second and fourth Tuesday in Frisco, and in Dillon every third Tuesday. For Frisco, it takes place from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Trinity Wellness Studio (419 Main St, upstairs in Unit 1), and at the Dillon Community Church (371 E. La Bonte St.) in the Church Library Room from 6:30-7:45 p.m.
For more information about NAMI's High Country chapter or programming, call 970-389-0808 or 720-481-9079.
Trending In: Announcements
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- Silverthorne wants a parade to honor Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard
- The Longevity Project | Part 3: Despite nation-leading longevity, Colorado mountain communities face significant health challenges