Back page: Cat survives electric shock, 25 foot fall | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Back page: Cat survives electric shock, 25 foot fall

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The owner of a 17-pound Siamese cat named Liam says he has nearly used up his nine lives after getting shocked on a power pole in Grants Pass and falling 25 feet.

Jennifer Kagay tells The Grants Pass Daily Courier she and her husband were lying in bed early Tuesday when they heard a “bang” and the power went out. Her husband, Jeff, went outside and the cat was lying still on the transformer at the top of the pole. They were relieved when Liam started to move, but horrified when he fell 25 feet to the ground. On the way down, he snagged a wire with a claw, then landed softly in some brush. The Kagays took him to the vet, where he may have to have one leg amputated.

—The Associated Press


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User