Best of Summit 2005: Business
Best Shoe Store1. GoodsTheres a lot of choices when it comes to footwear, and Goods owners John and Carrie Balma try to stock their store on Main Street in Breckenridge with the narrowed-down cream of the crop for fashion and outdoor shoes. Adidas, Puma, Keen, Teva, Reef and Ugg Boots can all be found at Goods, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last year.2. Antler’s3. Bass
1. GoodsTsubo and Medium are rare brands in mens fashion that can be found at Goods. The stores philosophy on fashion is to stay on top of the trends, so the men who shop in Breck can be the first to sport the newest of trends in a price-conscious fashion. 2. Mountain Outfitters3. Rivers / Target
1. GoodsGoods female and male shoppers alike always have a heyday with Summits best-known retail shop. And after sales end at Goods main shop, merchandise moves to the Goods Outlet across Main Street for further markdowns. 2. Jones of New York3. Big City Blues
1. Summit GoldThe folks at Summit Gold dont get stuffy when it comes to diamonds. With friendly, family-style service, expertise and a great selection of shiny gems and jewelry, Summit Gold can customize orders and transform even the smallest rubies into elegant earrings. 2. Two Wild Sisters3. Kristinas
1. High AltitudeIf its a quirky gift youre after, High Altitude, with locations in Frisco and Breckenridge, is the place to find it. With a global selection of candles, party supplies, stickers and a few unmentionables, High Altitude has been recognized for another year as the top trinket supplier around.2. Space Cowboy3. Flying Crane
1. Silverthorne Automotive GroupTalk about selection. The Silverthorne Automotive Group brought together two of Summit Countys biggest auto dealerships to create one enormous operation, selling Cadillac, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Subaru, Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles. It deals both new and used cars and services them as well. Its focus on customer service likely put it on top with Summit County voters.2. Summit Ford3. Jim Hudson
1. Mountain ComfortFor another year, local home owners in the market for new furniture have named Friscos Mountain Comfort on Summit Boulevard as the place to shop. Theres nothing drab or ordinary about Bill and Heather Jarskis Mountain Comfort. The stores offerings feature Western and log-style designs. Every piece is bound to become the center of attention.2. Kaceys3. Brooks Furniture
1. Bloom FloristsWhile Summit County itself is only in bloom for a very short period of the year, Bloom in Main Street Station in Breckenridge produces colorful clusters of flowers and plants year-round. For the second year straight, local flower lovers have given Bloom top honors.2. Petal & Bean3. Little Flower Shop
1. Neils LuncefordAlso this years Best Landscaper, Neils Lunceford has all the supplies a green thumb could need to work on his or her own garden. From seeds to sod to tools to greenery, Luncefords got everything to bloom the fruits of your labor.2. Alpine Gardens3. Wal-Mart
1. Bighorn Ace and Bighorn MaterialsNot only do Big Horn owners Don and Betsy Sather deserve another Best Of prize for their hardware and supply store this year, but they still get props for their environmental efforts. Located in Silverthorne, Big Horn has been on top of technology for years when it comes to solar-powered supplies and green-friendly building options.2. Breckenridge Building Center3. Sanders True Value
1. Wilderness SportsWant maps? Got it. Want great outdoors clothes? Got it. Want anything you can imagine for the backcountry? Wilderness Sports in Frisco has it … and bike rentals, too.2. Gart Sports3. Mountain Outfitters
1. Office MaxAgain, the voters say the little guys cant put the same markdowns on supplies like Office Max in Silverthorne. With its sea of Post-Its and rolling chairs, Office Max is the best place to get a good deal on the stuff you need to help you organize.2. Balance Sheet3. Target
1. Breckenridge Recreation CenterWith a highly knowledgeable staff, two climbing walls and every type of Yoga and pilates one could wish for, the Breck Rec Center wins for workout central.The swimming pool, weights and exercise equipment, tennis courts and ball fields combined with a trillion choices of activities, all make the Breck center a place many people prioritize in their daily routines.2. Silverthorne Recreation Center3. Copper Athletic
1. Copy CopyCopy Copy is doubling up on everything, including awards for Best Copy Shop in town. In operation for 17 years, the shop on Summit Boulevard in Frisco is full of everything you need for reproductions.2. Kinkos3. Laser Graphics
1. All Flooring DesignIn its second year with long-time floor expert (formerly of Intermountain), Todd Caldwell at the helm, All Flooring in Breckenridge puts a special design as well as a special shine on each of its products.2. Colorado Custom Wood Floors3. Capco
1. Peek-A-BooPeek-A-Boo Toys on 117 S. Main St. in Breck offers a selection of stuffed animals, puzzles, outdoor toys, art supplies and adult and childrens games. Its now the No. 1 place to find stuff to play with. 2. Stork & Bear3. Target
1. BordersThe best place to sit on the floor and bury yourself in a book, Borders in Dillon has won again for best bookstore. Big and full of bargains, Borders has every genre of reading material, magazine and music available or to order.2. Hamlets3. Winds of Change
1. Hotel FriscoThe Hotel Frisco is intimate and historic, but according to some of our readers, its modern ammenities are what make it special. Oh yeah, and dont forget the friendly greeting of Hannah the dog that makes everyone feel right at home. 2. Hyatt Main Street Station3. Beaver Run
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User