Breck film fest premieres and events
– Friday 6 p.m. at Summit High School
“I Have Never Forgotten You: The Life and Legacy of Simon Weisenthal.” A documentary on the Austrian-Jewish architectural engineer who became a Nazi hunter after surviving the Holocaust. Written by Richard Trank. 105 Minutes. Documentary. Narrated by Nicole Kidman.
– Friday at 9 p.m. at Summit High School
“September Dawn.” A story set against the Mountain Meadows Massacre, the film is based upon the tragedy which occurred in Utah in 1857. A group of settlers, traveling on wagons, was murdered by the native Mormons. All together, about 140 souls of men, women and children, were taken. Amid this, two young lovers-to-be, one a Mormon and the other one of the doomed settlers from Arkansas, develop a relationship in an atmosphere of suspicion and rancor. Directed by Christopher Cain. Opens in theaters June 22. Drama, Romance and Western. Stars Jon Vioght, Trent Ford and Tamara Hope.
– Saturday 3 p.m. at Summit High School
“Rocket Science.” A teenage boy with a horrific stuttering problem joins his high-school debate team in an ill-fated effort to win the girl of his dreams. 101 Minutes. Teen Comedy/Drama. Opens in theaters Nov. 8.
– Saturday at 6 p.m. at Summit High School
“La Vie En Rose.” The life story of iconic French singer Edith Piaf.
– Saturday at 9 p.m. at Summit High School
“Black Sheep.” An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm. 87 minutes. Comedy/Horror.
– Sunday at 6 p.m. at Summit High School
Closing Night Premiere, “Rescue Dawn.” A U.S. Fighter pilot’s epic struggle of survival after being shot down on a mission over Laos during the Vietnam War. 126 Minutes. Action/Drama/Adventure. Opens in theaters Aug. 23. Written and directed by Werner Herzog. Stars Christian Bale.
– 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CU Studies Program. Join Dr. Clark Farmer for screenings and discussions of two classic films that capture American life in 1957. Screening of “Peyton Place.” Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 1-3 p.m. Ed Kramer (“Industrial Light” and “Magic”) will present a “25-year Personal History of Computer Graphics.” Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 3-5 p.m. Industry Panel with Irvin Kershner ” Fiction vs. Reality : “Where do you want to go and how to get there.” Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 9-10 a.m. “Creating Children’s TV Characters and Managing Your Child’s Movie Career” with David Claridge (“Muppets,” “Sesame Street”) at the Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 11 a.m. to noon. Celebrity Forum. Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– Noon to 2 p.m. “So You Want To Be In Pictures.” Get insider tips on how to break into the business. Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 2-3 p.m. Independent Filmmaker Forum. Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 8 p.m. Saturday Night Smirnoff Party at The Motherloaded Tavern on Main Street Breckenridge. Get $10 tickets at the door.
– 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CU Film Studies Professor, Clark Farmer, presents screenings and discussions of two classic films that capture American life in 1957. Screening “A Face in the Crowd.” Main Street Station Independence Room. Free
– 1-2:30 p.m. Barn Storm Pictures LLC presents “What a Film Industry would mean to Colorado.” Colorado Film Industry discussion. Main Street Station Independence Room. Free.
– 5 p.m. Awards and Thank you’s at Summit High School.
– 8:30 p.m. Wrap party at the Blue River Bistro.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User