Breckenridge’s Victorian Winter Wonderland Weekend begins Saturday
BRECKENRIDGE ” Nothing embodies the holiday season like a fresh layer of snow, twinkling lights, carolers and the company of friends and family.
Visitors and locals can experience all of this and more at the Victorian Winter Wonderland Weekend Saturday and Sunday in Breckenridge.
The weekend will be full of holiday shopping and dining deals, Santa visits, a tour of Breckenridge’s historic homes, caroling on Main Street, wine tasting and more, all to welcome in the holiday season.
– 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tour of Breckenridge’s historic homes adorned with Victorian holiday decorations. The Barney Ford House Museum is located a half block off Main Street at 111 E. Washington Ave. and the Edwin Carter Museum is located at 111 N. Ridge St., one block off Main Street. Call (970) 453-4481 for more information.
– 2-5 p.m Visit Santa at Lincoln West Mall (100 S. Main St.).
– 3-5 p.m. Enjoy the sounds of the Blue River Brass Chorale in the Lincoln West Mall (100 S. Main St.)
– 4-6 p.m. Carolers on Main Street.
– 4-6 p.m. Wine tasting at Salt Creek Steakhouse (110 Lincoln Ave.). Unwind at the end of the day by sampling a variety of 20 different wines. The cost is $35 per person. Call (970) 453-4949 for reservations.
– 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tour of Breckenridge’s historic homes (see description above).
– 1-3 p.m. Carolers on Main Street. Elementary school carolers will spread the holiday cheer throughout Breckenridge with their delightful sounds.
In addition to the listed festivities, attendants are encouraged to help support the local food bank by bringing a can of food for donation to the Lincoln West Mall. For every donation, participants will be entered into a drawing for two free wine tastings at the Salt Creek Steakhouse and a gift from the Flying Crane.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User