$10,000 donated for local workforce housing
September 13, 2010
The Summit Combined Housing Authority, working with the Summit Association of Realtors and the Colorado Association of Realtors Housing Opportunity Foundation was recently awarded $10,000 of the $100,000 IRA Gribin Workforce Housing grant from the National Association of Realtors.
In total seven Colorado organizations that provide downpayment assistance to help workers purchase homes in the communities where they work, received awards.
The recipients are:
• Garfield County Housing Authority – $25,000
• La Plata Home Funds – $25,000
• Estes Park Housing Authority – $10,000
Recommended Stories For You
• Loveland Housing Development Corp. – $10,000
• City of Longmont – $10,000
• Eagle County Loan Fund – $10,000
• Summit Combined Housing Authority – $10,000
“I have to give Credit to Joanne Van Steenberghe and Jennifer Kenmode of the Summit Combined Housing Authority for taking this opportunity and running with it” says local CARHOF Chair Butch Elich. “Congratulations are definitely in order as it has been over a year in the works”
CARHOF is celebrating 20 years of providing grants to nonprofit and public housing agencies. This year, the foundation donated $375,500 to 94 organizations, and since its inception, CARHOF has donated more than $7 million.
For more information, visit http://www.CARHOF.org.
Trending In: Business
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced