$10,000 donated for local workforce housing
September 13, 2010
The Summit Combined Housing Authority, working with the Summit Association of Realtors and the Colorado Association of Realtors Housing Opportunity Foundation was recently awarded $10,000 of the $100,000 IRA Gribin Workforce Housing grant from the National Association of Realtors.
In total seven Colorado organizations that provide downpayment assistance to help workers purchase homes in the communities where they work, received awards.
The recipients are:
• Garfield County Housing Authority – $25,000
• La Plata Home Funds – $25,000
• Estes Park Housing Authority – $10,000
Recommended Stories For You
• Loveland Housing Development Corp. – $10,000
• City of Longmont – $10,000
• Eagle County Loan Fund – $10,000
• Summit Combined Housing Authority – $10,000
“I have to give Credit to Joanne Van Steenberghe and Jennifer Kenmode of the Summit Combined Housing Authority for taking this opportunity and running with it” says local CARHOF Chair Butch Elich. “Congratulations are definitely in order as it has been over a year in the works”
CARHOF is celebrating 20 years of providing grants to nonprofit and public housing agencies. This year, the foundation donated $375,500 to 94 organizations, and since its inception, CARHOF has donated more than $7 million.
For more information, visit http://www.CARHOF.org.
Trending In: Business
- Breckenridge Distillery to celebrate 10th anniversary this week
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- Sale of Hudson dealership paves way for new Silverthorne development
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Merger creates new Silverthorne-based waste-and-recycling service