Bizline: A growing vacation rental company
September 20, 2010
Q: What type of business do you operate – what do you sell, or what service do you provide?
A: Rocky Mountain Vacation Rentals, who prides themselves on being friendly, knowledgeable locals, currently provides vacation rentals, concierge services and specializes in resort and fractional real estate sales within the Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Keystone, Aspen, Snowmass, and Denver areas. Destinations include: Telluride, Steamboat Springs, Winter Park, Crested Butte, Durango, Jackson Hole, Park City, Lake Tahoe, Mammoth, Big Sky/Moonlight Basin, Banff and Whistler/BC.
Q: Where are you from, and why did you decide to open your business in Summit County?
A: Originally from Pittsburgh, Tommy moved to Vail with his family in 1999. After experience in the property management industry in the Vail Valley, offering lodging in Summit County was a natural progression to offer a different product to all new and existing clients.
Q: What experience do you have in this field?
A: Tommy has over 10 years of owning, managing, renting and re-selling properties in the Vail Valley specifically. Tommy has had his RE license active for 35 years now, dating back to his early RE experience in Florida in the mid 1970s.
Recommended Stories For You
Q: What sets your business apart from other similar businesses?
A: Our tagline: “Friendly. Knowledgeable. Locals.” – accompanied with our business model which includes online booking for vacation rental properties, complimentary concierge services and real estate sales not only in Summit County, but throughout all of the major North America ski destinations. This allows us to provide the widest variety of lodging in the Rocky Mountains and the best customer service in the industry.
Q: What types of customers do you hope to reach in Summit County?
A: We are looking for anyone who loves the Rocky Mountains and visits this area regularly. We want our passion for this area to be utilized for those who are equally as passionate but from outside locations.
Q: Why did you choose to open where you did?
A: We love the mountains and our clients love the mountains. This concept only works if we are local to the area, not another big company who may be located elsewhere.
Q: What are your plans for your company’s future?
A: Our plans are to offer our service for vacation rentals, concierge services and real estate sales in the 36 major ski resort destinations by 2012/2013 winter.
Trending In: Business
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Dillon Christy Sports set for complete overhaul with encouragement of tax rebate
- Silverthorne will pay businesses for new workforce housing options
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)