Business briefs: Wilson Lass lands ‘legendary’ account
April 6, 2009
BRECKENRIDGE ” Breckenridge-based creative marketing firm Wilson Lass recently was chosen as the agency of record for La Fonda, the “grande dame” of Santa Fe hotels. The property considered proposals from 16 national agencies, and Wilson Lass emerged as the top pick. The Wilson Lass team will help La Fonda re-launch their historic brand as part of a comprehensive renovation beginning with the restoration of La Plazuela, the hotel’s trademark restaurant.
La Fonda is Santa Fe’s oldest hotel; the current building that is La Fonda was constructed in 1922, however official records show that an inn, or la fonda, existed on the same site when Santa Fe was founded in 1610. Property ownership has changed over the years, but La Fonda has been locally owned and operated since 1968.
Wilson Lass will help La Fonda create a more cohesive brand as the property completes a series of renovations designed to restore much of the building’s unique history and architecture. The finer points of the remodel will focus on the original design created by Mary Coulter, and many of the details unique to La Fonda’s decor will be restored. With the historic nature of the renovations, the property also looks forward to regaining its position as “the” place to stay in Santa Fe.
BRECKENRIDGE ” The BigHorn store in Breckenridge has been upgraded and expanded and is now classified as a Benjamin Moore Signature store. In business for 25 years, BigHorn recently remodeled and expanded its location.
According to Wally Kruse, store manager, “The Signature store designation is a major improvement.”
Benjamin Moore Signature stores offer the broadest range of Benjamin Moore paints and painting accessories.” BigHorn and Benjamin Moore have made significant investment in the store upgrade. The store has focused on the painting contractor and will continue to do so, but now adds products and expertise to help homeowners with all their painting needs.
Recommended Stories For You
The BigHorn Signature store also carries a wide array of the latest in paint accessories.
“Just as the technology of paint has improved, the customization of paint accessories has also improved,” Kruse said. “Using the right brush or roller for a specific application will help the homeowner and paint contractor achieve the best result.:
The BigHorn Signature Paint store is located just east of the 7-Eleven at 56 Huron in Breckenridge. The phone number is (970) 547-5171.
Copper Mountain Resorts invites community members to the Woodward at Copper ribbon cutting Friday at 5:30 p.m.
The ribbon cutting and open house will take place at the Woodward at Copper Barn, located at 0477 Copper Road (next to the lodging check-in). Following the ribbon cutting, attendees are invited to tour The Barn and speak with Woodward at Copper officials. Refreshments will be served. Parking at the Barn is limited, please park in the Chapel Lot and walk to The Barn. http://www.woodwardatcopper.com.
Trending In: Business
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Sale of Hudson dealership paves way for new Silverthorne development
- Vail Resorts rebranding Colorado Mountain Express, Colorado Ski & Sports/Golf to be ‘Epic’
- Best of Summit voting ends today — make your voice heard
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Quandary muddles over mud season
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion