Frisco Workforce Center hosts job fair Thursday
October 21, 2014
Whether you're looking for a career transition or struggling to make ends meet in between summer and winter jobs, the Summit County Winter Job Fair might help.
Recruiters from more than 20 businesses will be looking to fill more than 100 seasonal positions at the fair on Thursday, Oct. 23.
The winter hiring event, hosted by the Frisco Workforce Center, will be from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Silverthorne Pavilion, at 400 Blue River Parkway in Silverthorne.
Participating businesses will include Breckenridge Ski Resort, Keystone Resort, Breckenridge Grand Vacations, Colorado Mountain Express and Peak 1 Express.
The ski resorts, hotels and other companies will be trying to fill full-time and part-time positions, but Rosemary Pettus, director of the Frisco Workforce Center, said the event is more than a ski industry job fair.
"You can talk with employers about their year-round positions as well, including administrative office positions," she said.
Recommended Stories For You
The center recommended job seekers come dressed professionally and prepared for on-the-spot interviews.
For more information and assistance with resumes, interviewing tips and online applications, visit the Frisco Workforce Center at 602 Galena St. in Frisco or contact the center at (970) 668-5360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE UPCOMING JOB FAIRS
Saturday, Oct. 25: Colorado Mountain Express will host a job fair at the business' Silverthorne office, at 273 Warren Ave., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 27, and Tuesday, Oct. 28: Kickapoo Tavern, Luigi's Pasta House and Montezuma Roadhouse will recruit employees at a two-day job fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Kickapoo Tavern, at 129 River Run Road in Keystone.
Saturday, Nov. 1: Ski Cooper will host a job fair from 9 a.m. to noon at the Cooper Base Lodge. Positions available include jobs in lift operation, ticket sales, ski patrol, rentals, food service and ski/snowboard instruction. For more information, visit skicooper.com/careers.
Thursday, Nov. 13: Breckenridge Ski Resort and Keystone Resort will host a hiring event at the Keystone Conference Center, at 0633 Tennis Club Road, Dillon, 80435.
Trending In: Business
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Sale of Hudson dealership paves way for new Silverthorne development
- Vail Resorts rebranding Colorado Mountain Express, Colorado Ski & Sports/Golf to be ‘Epic’
- Best of Summit voting ends today — make your voice heard
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited