Frisco’s newest craft brewery has a name and will open this spring
March 1, 2018
With an anticipated opening this spring, Summit County's newest brewery now has a name — HighSide Brewing.
The handle is a nod to one of its owner's affinity for rafting and kayaking, and high siding is the act of throwing one's bodyweight against any side of a raft that's coming up to prevent the boat from capsizing.
Done properly, it keeps the raft upright and everyone inside the boat.
"I was a raft guide for 12 years and a kayaker, and yeah it just kind of popped into my head," said brewery owner David Axelrod, adding that he greatly enjoys the double entendre in which they're brewing at high altitude — or on the high side in Summit County.
"And it wasn't taken," he added, "which is the hardest thing to find in the brewing world."
Renovation work is underway at 720 Main St., Frisco, as Axelrod and his team prepares for the brewery's opening, which he said they're targeting for mid to late April.
Recommended Stories For You
For more, find HighSide Brewing on Facebook.
Trending In: Business
- Keystone hotel uses foreign workers to check in guests via live video feed
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- 12 businesses earn SustainableBreck status as Grand Colorado moves into an elite class
- Sale of Hudson dealership paves way for new Silverthorne development
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Tyler Gorrell, a 33-year-old Denver resident, is missing in Silverthorne’s backcountry
- New and approved in Silverthorne: Town gives 114-room hotel preliminary OK
- Mountain Wheels: Full-size, 4×4 Sprinter van provides platform for ultimate escape vehicle