Frisco’s newest craft brewery has a name and will open this spring
March 1, 2018
With an anticipated opening this spring, Summit County's newest brewery now has a name — HighSide Brewing.
The handle is a nod to one of its owner's affinity for rafting and kayaking, and high siding is the act of throwing one's bodyweight against any side of a raft that's coming up to prevent the boat from capsizing.
Done properly, it keeps the raft upright and everyone inside the boat.
"I was a raft guide for 12 years and a kayaker, and yeah it just kind of popped into my head," said brewery owner David Axelrod, adding that he greatly enjoys the double entendre in which they're brewing at high altitude — or on the high side in Summit County.
"And it wasn't taken," he added, "which is the hardest thing to find in the brewing world."
Renovation work is underway at 720 Main St., Frisco, as Axelrod and his team prepares for the brewery's opening, which he said they're targeting for mid to late April.
Recommended Stories For You
For more, find HighSide Brewing on Facebook.
Trending In: Business
- Company, families settle after fatal Colorado gas explosion in 2017
- Frisco’s newest craft brewery has a name and will open this spring
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Founder of Green Man Cannabis plans massive Colorado expansion
- HighSide in Frisco brings number of breweries operating in Summit County up to eight
- Invitation to dog’s birthday party goes viral in Summit County
- Hyperloop’s first stop: DIA, as Colorado enters final leg to study feasibility of $24B transportation project
- Ironman wants to partner with Breck Epic to create North America’s premier mountain bike race
- Breckenridge council returns to full strength of seven with appointment of new member