Frisco’s newest craft brewery has a name and will open this spring
March 1, 2018
With an anticipated opening this spring, Summit County's newest brewery now has a name — HighSide Brewing.
The handle is a nod to one of its owner's affinity for rafting and kayaking, and high siding is the act of throwing one's bodyweight against any side of a raft that's coming up to prevent the boat from capsizing.
Done properly, it keeps the raft upright and everyone inside the boat.
"I was a raft guide for 12 years and a kayaker, and yeah it just kind of popped into my head," said brewery owner David Axelrod, adding that he greatly enjoys the double entendre in which they're brewing at high altitude — or on the high side in Summit County.
"And it wasn't taken," he added, "which is the hardest thing to find in the brewing world."
Renovation work is underway at 720 Main St., Frisco, as Axelrod and his team prepares for the brewery's opening, which he said they're targeting for mid to late April.
Recommended Stories For You
For more, find HighSide Brewing on Facebook.
Trending In: Business
- Photographer opens new Breckenridge gallery featuring photos taken exclusively in Summit County
- New bookstore, Breck Books, opens in Breckenridge
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Green demolition at Old Robinson Dairy in Silverthorne makes way for shipping-container hotel
- Colorado Scenes photography gallery weathers Breckenridge changes
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Silverthorne gives marijuana dispensary second chance after undercover sting
- Vail Resorts CEO gives $620K to support mental health programs in Summit County
- Summit County comes together and sings Christmas carols for cancer-stricken SHS student Taylor Ash
- Frisco interviews finalist for town manager position