Frisco’s newest craft brewery has a name and will open this spring
March 1, 2018
With an anticipated opening this spring, Summit County's newest brewery now has a name — HighSide Brewing.
The handle is a nod to one of its owner's affinity for rafting and kayaking, and high siding is the act of throwing one's bodyweight against any side of a raft that's coming up to prevent the boat from capsizing.
Done properly, it keeps the raft upright and everyone inside the boat.
"I was a raft guide for 12 years and a kayaker, and yeah it just kind of popped into my head," said brewery owner David Axelrod, adding that he greatly enjoys the double entendre in which they're brewing at high altitude — or on the high side in Summit County.
"And it wasn't taken," he added, "which is the hardest thing to find in the brewing world."
Renovation work is underway at 720 Main St., Frisco, as Axelrod and his team prepares for the brewery's opening, which he said they're targeting for mid to late April.
Recommended Stories For You
For more, find HighSide Brewing on Facebook.
Trending In: Business
- Summit County’s 2019 budget will see a $13 million increase over 2018
- Amazing Brains brings neurofeedback therapy to Frisco
- Breckenridge pot sales dip after 25-month run of gains
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Owners seeks locals’ help renaming Breckenridge business
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019