Keystone celebrates grand opening of Labonte’s Smokehouse BBQ
December 19, 2017
Keystone Resort hosted a grand opening celebration for Labonte's Smokehouse BBQ on Friday, one of two major capital improvement projects to take place at the Summit County ski resort over the summer, according to a news release.
Labonte's is a popular restaurant that serves smoked meats and barbecue during the ski day at the base of Keystone's North Peak. The restaurant is accessible by skis and snowboards only, according to the resort.
The Friday ceremony giveaways, live music, a ribbon cutting and other fun happenings after Keystone expanded Labonte's over the off-season by opening a new, 190-seat indoor facility for on-the-mountain dining.
The other major capital project at Keystone, the new Montezuma Express Lift, also opened this year, replacing the old lift with a high-speed, six-passenger chair that will reportedly increase capacity by up to 25 percent.
Trending In: Business
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- After surprise reunion with estranged mother, Katie Uhlaender finishes 13th
- Vail is implementing new short-term regulations in March. Here’s what is required
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live