New country music station goes live in Summit County
November 14, 2017
Krystal Broadcasting has put a new radio station dedicated to country music on the air, available by tuning into 93.1 FM in Summit County.
According to a news release, the new station — 93.1 Summit Country — went live Nov. 1 with a playlist featuring a wide range of country-music genres from artists like Tim McGraw, Johnny Cash, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson.
"93.1 Summit Country is programmed to reach the Summit County listening community, providing relevant information and entertainment for both locals and visitors," Krystal Broadcasting General Manager Lindsey Cotton said in the release. "Our listeners have been asking for a homegrown country station, offering a unique format, similar to what they are used to hearing on the Krystal 93 radio brand."
Also, the new station is giving away cash prizes this week every time Johnny Cash is played, in addition to other prizes.
Also, Craig Koehn will broadcast a live morning show Monday through Friday starting Thanksgiving week.
Trending In: Business
- Summit County’s 2019 budget will see a $13 million increase over 2018
- Amazing Brains brings neurofeedback therapy to Frisco
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Breckenridge pot sales dip after 25-month run of gains
- Owners seeks locals’ help renaming Breckenridge business
- Swastikas, SS bolts spray painted on Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons’ campaign posters
- Town staff recommends that Breckenridge should keep controversial troll in place for now
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019