Summit County business briefs: Sports Authority to close all stores by August
May 31, 2016
Sports Authority to close all stores by August
On Wednesday, May 25, Sports Authority CEO Michael Foss announced all stores would be closed by August. Since going bankrupt, the Englewood-based retailer began closing stores in March and will now shutter the remaining more than 300 stores across the U.S.
The Dillon location employed between 20 and 40 people, depending on the season. Exchanges can be made and gift cards will still be accepted at all remaining Sports Authority locations through June 28, 2016.
Skechers opens in Silverthorne
The Outlets at Silverthorne brought in a new store last week. Skechers, a California-based shoe company, opened to the public on Friday. The new store is located in the Outlets Blue Village, between Guess and Banana Republic.
Colorado tourism offices seeks public input
Recommended Stories For You
The Colorado Tourism will host eight public input sessions in the next few weeks, making a stop in Silverthorne on Wednesday, June 8. The office will use these sessions to develop the Colorado Tourism Roadmap, a statewide strategic plan for the state's tourism industry.
"This is a chance for Coloradans across the state to share their voices on how to maximize the benefit of one of the most important industries in Colorado," Cathy Ritter, director of the CTO said in a statement. "We hope participants will bring their thoughts about challenges that need to be addressed as well as opportunities to drive even more long-term benefits for our state."
The event is open to the public and will be held at La Quinta Inn and Suites in Silverthorne on June 8 from 2 to 5 p.m.
Sunshine Café reopens for business
After a month of renovations, Sunshine Café is once again open to business. The Silverthorne-based breakfast restaurant nearly doubled in size thanks to an expansion of its current location and received a grant from the town for hiring new employees. The store officially re-opened on Friday, May 20.
Vote for Frisco BBQ Challenge
The Frisco BBQ Challenge is one of 20 nominees for the country's best barbecue. Currently ranked sixth of 20, residents and visitors can vote for the festival once per day until June 20 at http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-bbq-festival/.
This year's competition is set for June 16-18. For more information, visit townoffrisco.com.
Compiled by Elise Reuter
Trending In: Business
- New bookstore, Breck Books, opens in Breckenridge
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Forget checkout lines, Instacart app will let Summit County shoppers bypass the whole grocery store
- Gold Pan, Breckenridge’s longest-running bar, declared historic landmark
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Denver loses U.S. bid for 2030 Olympics to Salt Lake City
- Two arrested for participation in poaching operation
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot