Ultra-lightweight backpacking gear store, My Trail, opens in Silverthorne
January 2, 2018
From the creators of GoLite, My Trail Co. recently opened a new retail location at The Outlets at Silverthorne, according to a mall spokesman.
The My Trail brand can trace its roots to the beginning of ultra-lightweight backpacking craze, and it specializes in high-performance outdoor apparel, packs, shelters and other equipment known for being lightweight and dependable.
Additionally, because the company has its own retail locations, My Trail is selling its gear directly to customers at affordable prices, the spokesman said.
The new My Trail store is at 135-D Stephens Way, in the Red Village, next to the Columbia Sportswear store at the outlet mall.
The company was born in Boulder in 2015 after its founders created GoLite and later filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Demetri Coupounas, the founder of both companies, then acquired GoLite's product designs and invested them into the new My Trail brand. As a result, "they have brought back improved versions of GoLite's best products," according to the mall spokesman. For more, MyTrailCo.com.
Trending In: Business
- Airbnb.com ranks Summit County second in Colorado for guest arrivals
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Mountain Law: Understanding Colorado homestead exemption law
- Breckenridge resident opens his 100th restaurant at Main Street Station
- Company founded by TV bandleader Lawrence Welk is building a timeshare resort in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor