Ultra-lightweight backpacking gear store, My Trail, opens in Silverthorne
January 2, 2018
From the creators of GoLite, My Trail Co. recently opened a new retail location at The Outlets at Silverthorne, according to a mall spokesman.
The My Trail brand can trace its roots to the beginning of ultra-lightweight backpacking craze, and it specializes in high-performance outdoor apparel, packs, shelters and other equipment known for being lightweight and dependable.
Additionally, because the company has its own retail locations, My Trail is selling its gear directly to customers at affordable prices, the spokesman said.
The new My Trail store is at 135-D Stephens Way, in the Red Village, next to the Columbia Sportswear store at the outlet mall.
The company was born in Boulder in 2015 after its founders created GoLite and later filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Demetri Coupounas, the founder of both companies, then acquired GoLite's product designs and invested them into the new My Trail brand. As a result, "they have brought back improved versions of GoLite's best products," according to the mall spokesman. For more, MyTrailCo.com.
Trending In: Business
- Summit County’s 2019 budget will see a $13 million increase over 2018
- Mountain law: Four things I’ve learned about tiny houses in Colorado (column)
- Amazing Brains brings neurofeedback therapy to Frisco
- Breckenridge pot sales dip after 25-month run of gains
- Sale of Hudson dealership paves way for new Silverthorne development
- Town staff recommends that Breckenridge should keep controversial troll in place for now
- Swastikas, SS bolts spray painted on Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons’ campaign posters
- Loveland Ski Area honors former owner with symbolic first chair to open season
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’