Community dinner overshadowed by injury | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Community dinner overshadowed by injury

DAILY NEWS STAFF REPORT

SILVERTHORNE – Tuesday’s Rotarian community dinner served 191 people – “We had a good, hungry turn out this week,” said dinner spokeswoman Deb Hage.

But the dinner’s success was overshadowed by a serious injury.

Hage said the evening’s dinner was supposed to be BBQ Pork from Big Mike’s BBQ.

“Unfortunately, Mike McCrea was severely burned when he lit his BBQ and the propane tank exploded, burning propane all over him,” Hage said. “He is at University Hospital in Denver awaiting a series of skin grafts. He has told me the pain is intense so keep him in your thoughts and prayers.”

Next week’s meal will be prepared by Bill Gilchrist and served by the Republican Women.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User