17 arrested, 10 at large in Rifle drug case
June 11, 2015
With 17 arrests so far, 10 suspects remain at large in the ongoing Rifle area drug trafficking investigation that has resulted in the seizure of 10 pounds of methamphetamine, 1.5 ounces of heroin, three firearms and $30,000 in assets.
The drug ring, which is alleged to have smuggled meth into the area out of California and Arizona, is not believed to be connected to the group investigators discovered operating out of the Carbondale area last year.
"Right now, we're looking at this as separate drug trafficking case," said Silt Police Chief Levy Burris, who serves chairman of Two Rivers Drug Enforcement Team, a multijurisdictional drug task force.
New arrests related to the sting include Caitlin Grandona, 19, of Northridge, California; Brittney Ferpes, 31, of Grand Junction; Charles Mosby, 54, of Grand Junction; Joadie Griebel, 47, of Rifle; Teresa Jess, 28, of Rifle; Joseph Maier, 35, of Rifle; Tyrell Portlock, 43, of Rifle; Amber Plummer, 27, of Silt; and Brandon Jensen, 29, of Glenwood Springs. Authorities also arrested one minor, whose name was not released.
According to Burris, several suspects were picked up together in Arizona. Most of the suspected conspirators have previously been arrested for drug-related crimes.
Trending In: Crime
- Tyler Gorrell, a 33-year-old Denver resident, is missing in Silverthorne’s backcountry
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Summit County man sentenced to 16 years to life for sexual assault
- Summit County downgrades fire restrictions to Stage 1 from Stage 2 amid improving fire conditions
- Trial begins for Ramon Villa, one of four accused in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault