18-year-old cadet dies after skiing accident at Keystone Resort
January 27, 2015
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. — An 18-year-old Air Force Academy cadet has been killed in a skiing accident.
Academy officials said Monday that first-year cadet John "Jack" Lindsey died Saturday after the accident at Keystone Resort.
The resort said Lindsey was on the intermediate-level Elk Run and was wearing a helmet. No other details of the accident have been released.
The ski patrol responded and provided emergency care while Lindsey was taken to a Keystone hospital.
Academy Superintendent Lt. Gen. Michelle Johnson offered her condolences to Lindsey's family and friends.
Funeral arrangements were pending.
Trending In: Crime
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis
- Breckenridge investigator looking for new clues in unsolved 1982 double homicide
- Breckenridge drug bust reveals cocaine being sold out of bars, restaurants
- Suspect in Breckenridge standoff last year receives deferred sentence
- Federal agents raid Silverthorne dentist’s office in prescription fraud probe
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Frisco approves new short-term rental ordinance