18-year-old cadet dies after skiing accident at Keystone Resort
January 27, 2015
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. — An 18-year-old Air Force Academy cadet has been killed in a skiing accident.
Academy officials said Monday that first-year cadet John "Jack" Lindsey died Saturday after the accident at Keystone Resort.
The resort said Lindsey was on the intermediate-level Elk Run and was wearing a helmet. No other details of the accident have been released.
The ski patrol responded and provided emergency care while Lindsey was taken to a Keystone hospital.
Academy Superintendent Lt. Gen. Michelle Johnson offered her condolences to Lindsey's family and friends.
Funeral arrangements were pending.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County man sentenced to 16 years to life for sexual assault
- A day in the life of a Lake Dillon patroller
- Evacuated Wildernest residents ‘absolutely shocked’ how fast Buffalo Mountain Fire near Silverthorne spread
- Summit County deals with pink fire retardant left after Buffalo Mountain Fire
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Breckenridge theater director quits after board apologizes for Trump sketch at fundraiser
- UPDATE: Coors beer truck fire extinguished on Swan Mountain Road
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death