Colorado man arrested in Wyoming after telling motel front desk his pot had been stolen
May 12, 2017
CASPER, Wyo. — Casper police have arrested two Colorado men after both showed officers their separate stashes of marijuana in their motel rooms.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports Eric Jarrin told the front desk his marijuana had been stolen Tuesday. Management then called authorities, who arrived and confronted Jarrin.
An arrest affidavit states Jarrin told officer he had a sticky form of marijuana, "dabs," left, but all his plant marijuana had been stolen. Jarrin showed officers his "dabs," and then was arrested for possession of marijuana.
A separate arrest affidavit states Christopher Rathe had walked passed investigating officers smelling like marijuana. Officers confronted him, and he too took authorities to a motel room and showed them a marijuana stash. He then was arrested for possession of marijuana.
Trending In: Crime
- Man who pleaded guilty in 2016 assault case sentenced to one year in jail, 8 years probation
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Summit County man sentenced to 16 years to life for sexual assault
- Toxicology report released following Keystone marijuana suicide
- Evacuated Wildernest residents ‘absolutely shocked’ how fast Buffalo Mountain Fire near Silverthorne spread
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019