Colorado man arrested in Wyoming after telling motel front desk his pot had been stolen
May 12, 2017
CASPER, Wyo. — Casper police have arrested two Colorado men after both showed officers their separate stashes of marijuana in their motel rooms.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports Eric Jarrin told the front desk his marijuana had been stolen Tuesday. Management then called authorities, who arrived and confronted Jarrin.
An arrest affidavit states Jarrin told officer he had a sticky form of marijuana, "dabs," left, but all his plant marijuana had been stolen. Jarrin showed officers his "dabs," and then was arrested for possession of marijuana.
A separate arrest affidavit states Christopher Rathe had walked passed investigating officers smelling like marijuana. Officers confronted him, and he too took authorities to a motel room and showed them a marijuana stash. He then was arrested for possession of marijuana.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County firefighters return after aiding crews in the Lake Christine Fire
- Summit County man sentenced to 16 years to life for sexual assault
- Firework, campfire bans could become permanent in Summit County
- Co-defendants in Silverthorne sexual assault case seek dismissal, citing ‘prosecutorial misconduct’
- Summit County judge recuses herself in pair of Silverthorne sexual assault cases