Colorado man arrested in Wyoming after telling motel front desk his pot had been stolen
May 12, 2017
CASPER, Wyo. — Casper police have arrested two Colorado men after both showed officers their separate stashes of marijuana in their motel rooms.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports Eric Jarrin told the front desk his marijuana had been stolen Tuesday. Management then called authorities, who arrived and confronted Jarrin.
An arrest affidavit states Jarrin told officer he had a sticky form of marijuana, "dabs," left, but all his plant marijuana had been stolen. Jarrin showed officers his "dabs," and then was arrested for possession of marijuana.
A separate arrest affidavit states Christopher Rathe had walked passed investigating officers smelling like marijuana. Officers confronted him, and he too took authorities to a motel room and showed them a marijuana stash. He then was arrested for possession of marijuana.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County feels impact of longest federal shutdown in U.S. history
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis
- Update: Man injured in officer-involved shooting in Frisco identified
- Breckenridge drug bust reveals cocaine being sold out of bars, restaurants
- Evacuated Wildernest residents ‘absolutely shocked’ how fast Buffalo Mountain Fire near Silverthorne spread
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak