Firefighters, law enforcement to host cookout BBQ Saturday in Frisco
June 15, 2018
The Summit County Sheriff's Office will join firefighters from Summit Fire and E.M.S and the Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District for a BBQ cookout at Frisco Historic Park on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. alongside the Colorado BBQ Challege on Frisco Main Street.
All members of the public are welcome to join first responders as they cook up a storm after fighting the Buffalo Mountain Fire these past few days. The event is a great way for residents to meet, greet and show appreciation for the men and women who kept Mesa Cortina and Wildernest safe from Summit's largest wildfire in years.
"We'd love to see people come and break bread with us, and to give thanks to them for being so patient and supportive these past few days," Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons said.
Trending In: Crime
- Evacuated Wildernest residents ‘absolutely shocked’ how fast Buffalo Mountain Fire near Silverthorne spread
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office deputies awarded medals for saving a motorist’s life
- Summit County Rescue Group trains its new recruits to survive in the worst conditions
- Breckenridge drug bust reveals cocaine being sold out of bars, restaurants
- FAA to require crash-resistant fuel tanks after Frisco Flight For Life pilot tragedy
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Isak Heartstone saved? Artist claims deal with Breckenridge to rebuild beloved troll
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance