Firefighters, law enforcement to host cookout BBQ Saturday in Frisco
June 15, 2018
The Summit County Sheriff's Office will join firefighters from Summit Fire and E.M.S and the Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District for a BBQ cookout at Frisco Historic Park on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. alongside the Colorado BBQ Challege on Frisco Main Street.
All members of the public are welcome to join first responders as they cook up a storm after fighting the Buffalo Mountain Fire these past few days. The event is a great way for residents to meet, greet and show appreciation for the men and women who kept Mesa Cortina and Wildernest safe from Summit's largest wildfire in years.
"We'd love to see people come and break bread with us, and to give thanks to them for being so patient and supportive these past few days," Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons said.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County feels impact of longest federal shutdown in U.S. history
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis
- Alleged Dillon Valley stalker faces new charges
- Breckenridge investigator looking for new clues in unsolved 1982 double homicide
- Breckenridge ski pass frauds see spring break uptick
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area