Firefighters, law enforcement to host cookout BBQ Saturday in Frisco
June 15, 2018
The Summit County Sheriff's Office will join firefighters from Summit Fire and E.M.S and the Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District for a BBQ cookout at Frisco Historic Park on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. alongside the Colorado BBQ Challege on Frisco Main Street.
All members of the public are welcome to join first responders as they cook up a storm after fighting the Buffalo Mountain Fire these past few days. The event is a great way for residents to meet, greet and show appreciation for the men and women who kept Mesa Cortina and Wildernest safe from Summit's largest wildfire in years.
"We'd love to see people come and break bread with us, and to give thanks to them for being so patient and supportive these past few days," Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons said.
Trending In: Crime
- Frisco child pornography suspect granted new trial nearly three years after arrest
- Frisco man accused in child pornography case claims email was hacked
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Tyler Gorrell, a 33-year-old Denver resident, is missing in Silverthorne’s backcountry
- Homeland Security: 500 ‘notable’ files found on Frisco man’s computer in child porn case
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs