Parachute parents arrested in killing of infant daughter
June 30, 2015
Matthew Ogden and Phyllis Wyatt of Parachute made it to Cass County, Minnesota, before they were arrested for the death of their daughter, 4-week-old Sarah Ogden.
Police arrived at the couple's Parachute apartment on the morning of June 20 to find the infant unresponsive and not breathing. The child was pronounced dead later that day at Grand River Hospital in Rifle.
The Garfield County coroner's office later ruled the death a homicide due to "multiple blunt force injuries."
An arrest warrant was issued Friday for Matthew Ogden, 29, on charges of first-degree murder, child abuse resulting in death and child abuse causing bodily injury.
Phyllis Wyatt, 41, was sought for child abuse causing death with criminal negligence.
The Cass County Sheriff's Office and Leech Lake Tribal Police Department caught up with the pair Monday in a home near Cass Lake, where they were apprehended without incident.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County downgrades fire restrictions to Stage 1 from Stage 2 amid improving fire conditions
- Tyler Gorrell, a 33-year-old Denver resident, is missing in Silverthorne’s backcountry
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Skier accused of jumping into crowd at Copper pond-skim event pleads guilty to reckless endangerment
- Summit County man sentenced to 16 years to life for sexual assault
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9