Summit County inmate dies after suicide attempt in jail
April 12, 2016
An inmate died at St. Anthony's Hospital in Lakewood on Monday night, after a suicide attempt that morning at the Summit County Detention Facility. Blue River resident Jacqueline Bickford, 31, passed away despite efforts to resuscitate her.
"Deputies immediately began life-saving measures, including CPR, after the woman was found unresponsive in her cell," the Summit County Sheriff's Office reported in a statement.
Emergency responders from Red, White and Blue Fire-Rescue continued resuscitation before transporting Bickford to Summit Medical Center on Monday morning. She was later transferred to St. Anthony's Hospital in Lakewood.
At approximately 7:25 p.m., April 11, the Jefferson County Coroner's Office transferred jurisdiction of the decedent to the Summit County Coroner's Office. An autopsy is pending.
The suicide attempt is currently being investigated by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and the Fifth Judicial District Attorney's Office. Summit County Sheriff spokeswoman Taneil Ilano said this is standard procedure "to ensure a complete, thorough and impartial investigation."
Trending In: Crime
- Tyler Gorrell, a 33-year-old Denver resident, is missing in Silverthorne’s backcountry
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Homeland Security: 500 ‘notable’ files found on Frisco man’s computer in child porn case
- Summit County man sentenced to 16 years to life for sexual assault
- Frisco child pornography suspect granted new trial nearly three years after arrest
- Peaks trail dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall