Summit County inmate dies after suicide attempt in jail
April 12, 2016
An inmate died at St. Anthony's Hospital in Lakewood on Monday night, after a suicide attempt that morning at the Summit County Detention Facility. Blue River resident Jacqueline Bickford, 31, passed away despite efforts to resuscitate her.
"Deputies immediately began life-saving measures, including CPR, after the woman was found unresponsive in her cell," the Summit County Sheriff's Office reported in a statement.
Emergency responders from Red, White and Blue Fire-Rescue continued resuscitation before transporting Bickford to Summit Medical Center on Monday morning. She was later transferred to St. Anthony's Hospital in Lakewood.
At approximately 7:25 p.m., April 11, the Jefferson County Coroner's Office transferred jurisdiction of the decedent to the Summit County Coroner's Office. An autopsy is pending.
The suicide attempt is currently being investigated by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and the Fifth Judicial District Attorney's Office. Summit County Sheriff spokeswoman Taneil Ilano said this is standard procedure "to ensure a complete, thorough and impartial investigation."
Trending In: Crime
- Bike stolen at Ride The Rockies in Breckenridge is reunited with its owner
- In Buffalo Mountain Fire, critical decisions saved at least two neighborhoods from destruction
- Evacuated Wildernest residents ‘absolutely shocked’ how fast Buffalo Mountain Fire near Silverthorne spread
- CEO Sue Frank accused of stealing more than $415,000 from Summit Association of Realtors
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder