Curb your hunger and thirst into the wee hours around Summit County
Special to the Daily
It’s summertime: The days are long and you want to cram in as many outdoor adventures as daylight allows. It is the time of year when late-night drinking and dining are in style, because, quite frankly, who wants to be inside when it’s still light out? Summit County is a far cry from an urban metropolis when it comes to late night, but here is the low-down on where to go this summer when nothing else is open. Keep in mind that since pubs and bars stay open the latest, you’ll have better luck with drinking than dining.
• Blue River Bistro (305 N. Main St., (970) 453-6974) has two happy hours each night, seven nights a week. Take advantage of 2-for-1 deals on martinis and appetizers and $3 draft beers and domestic bottles after 9 p.m. Their appetizer menu goes above and beyond the usual pub fare available this time of night. Most of the options are vegetarian, with sliders and fried calamari for the omnivores.
• Burke and Riley’s Irish Pub (520 S. Main St., No 3P, (970) 547-2782) is open until 2 a.m. and serves its entire menu late into the night; exact hours depend on business. If the kitchen is closed by the time you get there, remember that a pint of Guinness is often referred to as a meal in a glass.
• If you’re hankering for Mexican, Oscar’s of Breckenridge (105 N. Main St., (970) 453-2167) has drink specials after 9 p.m. and $2.50 chicken and carnitas tacos from 9 to 10 p.m.
• Northside Pizza & Wings (315 Main St., (970) 547-5050) offers happy hour specials from 10 p.m. until the bar shuts down, which is usually around 11. The pre-bar hour from 9 to 10 p.m. features 2-for-1 starters and snacks, $1 off all beer (except PBR) and half-price cocktails.
• Dillon Dam Brewery (100 Little Dam St., (970) 262-7777) has a special late-night deal every weekday, with additional happy hours from 9 to 10 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Monday is pint night, with $3 pints after 9. Tuesday has $3 pints and half-price appetizers from 9 to 10, and $3 José Cuervo drink deals after 9 p.m. Wednesday has the same 9 to 10 deal as Tuesday and offers $3 Absolut vodka after 9. Thursday is Girls Night Out, with free half-pints for the ladies from 9 to 11, and $3 pints, Fireball and Jagermeister shots for everyone after 9. Friday night brings $3 Captain Morgan and Tuaca shots, and $4 Hornitos shots after 9 p.m. The kitchen is open until 10 p.m., and you can buy beer to go until 11.
• Pug Ryan’s Brewing Co. (104 Village Place, (970) 468-2145) offers a Monday Mussel Night, which features $9.99 mussels as long as they last, with a different sauce each week. Their kitchen is open until at least 10 p.m. every night.
• Ollie’s Pub & Grub (620 Main St., (970) 668-0744) kitchen is open until 11 p.m., and the portions are large enough to feed a lumberjack. Thirsty? On Friday nights from 9 to 11:30 p.m., you can go wild with their $10 all-you-can-drink deal. Wednesday is Ladies’ Night, which means free well drinks and Coors Light from 10 p.m. to midnight.
• Sometimes pizza is the only thing that satisfies late night. Luckily Peppino’s Pizza & Subs (610 Main St., (970) 668-5128) is open until 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 11 p.m. when you really need it on Friday and Saturday. For takeout options, you can call or order online and pick it up and take it home. Note that they only deliver to Frisco, Copper, Farmer’s Korner and Silverthorne hotels.
• Murphy’s Irish Pub (501 Blue River Parkway, (970) 468-2457) has two happy hours, and one of them is late. Starting at 9 p.m., the late-night happy hour keeps the drinks flowing from Monday through Friday, with specials ranging from $2.75 to $4. Tuesday night brings an amazing free cash giveaway, and Thursday’s poker night starts at 7 p.m. Summer is the best time to enjoy the patio out back, where you can challenge your fellow drinkers to a friendly game of horseshoes or corn hole.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User