Destination downward dog: Yoga events around Colorado and beyond
Upcoming events held in and around Summit County and the Vail Valley
• Free Tuesday Community Classes, Summit Hot Yoga, Frisco — SEVA (selfless service) class held every Tuesday at noon
• Wednesday Workshop Series, Meta Yoga Studios, Breckenridge — A different all-levels workshop every Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Go With The Flow Yoga & Music Collaboration, Summit Hot Yoga, Frisco — Monday, April 20, time to be announced
• Arm Balances and Inversions Workshop, Peak Yoga Studio, Dillon — Sunday, April 26, from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
• Yoga Anatomy Weekend, Revolution Power Yoga, Eagle-Vail — Wednesday, April 29, to Sunday, May 3
• 200-Hour Integrated Vinyasa Yoga Immersion with Gina Caputo & Julia Clarke, Vail Vitality Center, Vail — Every other weekend from Friday, May 15, to Sunday, July 12
• Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga Teacher Training, hosted by Meta Yoga Studios and Bliss Paddle Boards — Friday, May 8, to Sunday, May 10
• Steamboat Springs Women’s Retreat, Steamboat Springs, hosted by Yoga Off Broadway in Eagle — Thursday, May 7, to Sunday, May 10
• Campout for the Cause, Rancho Del Rio, Bond — Friday, May 22, to Sunday, May 24
• 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training, Meta Yoga Studios, Breckenridge — Select dates from Monday, May 27, to Saturday, Aug. 15
• Weekly Outdoor Yoga on Saturday Mornings, free class on Solaris Lawn in Vail Village, presented by the Vail Vitality Center, Vail — Begins Saturday, June 6
• Yoga in the Park, free class in Eagle Town Park, Eagle — Begins Sunday, June 7, from 9:30 to 10:45 a.m.
• Student Intensive and Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga Off Broadway, Eagle — Select dates from Thursday, June 25, to Sunday, Aug. 23
• Calming Kids Yoga Certification, Meta Yoga Studios, Breckenridge — Friday, June 26
• Steamboat Movement Fest, Steamboat Springs — Thursday, July 23, to Sunday, July 26
• Yoga on Liquid Teacher Training, stand-up paddle board yoga training presented by Revolution Power Yoga — Friday, June 26, to Sunday, June, 28
• Advance Art of Assisting, Revolution Power Yoga, Eagle-Vail — Friday, July 31, to Sunday, Aug. 2
• The Zen Project, Brush Creek Pavilion, Eagle, presented by Eagle YogaFest — Friday, Sept. 18, to Sunday, Sept. 20
• Fall 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training, Summit Hot Yoga. Frisco — Dates to be determined
• 200-Hour Yoga Immersion with Gina Caputo and Evan Soroka, O2 Yoga, Aspen — Every other weekend from Friday, Sept. 11, to Sunday, Nov. 22
Your yoga mat is portable — that’s why you can roll it up, hold it under an arm, zip it into a bag or throw its carrier strap over a shoulder. Your practice is made to move you, on and off your mat, so here’s a rundown of how to diversify the places you do your poses.
APRIL & MAY
• Yoga Retreat at Soulshine Bali — Bali, Indonesia
Dates: Saturday, April 25, to Saturday, May 2
More information: http://www.metayogastudios.com/bali-retreat-yoga-relax-adventure
Meta Yoga Studios of Breckenridge is leading a retreat to a villa in Bali from Saturday, April 25, through Saturday, May 2. Soulshine is tucked between Ubud village’s rice field terraces and the Tukad Bembeng River. Participants can relax poolside with a refreshing juice and eat organic Balinese food from the Soulshine Cafe.
The retreat will be led by instructors Juli Rathke, of Breckenridge, Christina McGrath, of Whangamata, New Zealand, and Lindsay Gonzalez, of Golden.
• In Your Element Yoga and Empowerment Adventure — Moab, Utah
Dates: Thursday, May 7, to Sunday, May 10
More information: http://www.be-inyourelement.com/events.html
Local yoga and outdoor adventure company In Your Element is leading a retreat to Utah’s land of sunshine and sandstone from Thursday, May 7, through Sunday, May 10. Participants will camp on the Colorado River, four miles from downtown Moab, where red rocks set the scene for sunrise and sunset yoga and meditation practices, gourmet camping cuisine, leisure time and recreation. This is the second consecutive year In Your Element has led a springtime trip to Moab.
“For me, the Moab Yoga and Empowerment Adventure is an opportunity to connect back to my roots, to nature — the rock, the water, the air, the sun — and to experience the raw beauty and simplicity of life,” said Mariah Schuette, co-founder of In Your Element.
• Campout for the Cause — Bond
Dates: Friday, May 22, to Sunday, May 24
More information: http://www.campoutforthecause.org/yogis
This Memorial Day weekend, the annual Campout for the Cause event at Rancho Del Rio in Bond is offering additional yoga classes on the schedule, which will be led by local yoga instructors, as well as Gina Caputo, the Boulder-based teacher and nationally known “Yogini on the Loose.”
“My excitement for Campout for the Cause started with the first conversation I had with its founder, Scott. His passion and enthusiasm was infectious,” Caputo said. “I absolutely love that we’ll all be camping together … I look forward to every opportunity to acknowledge our relationship with nature, and I think this is an excellent opportunity for us to celebrate that together. And for a good cause.”
Campout for the Cause donates 100 percent of the net proceeds to sponsored nonprofit partners American Rivers, Eagle Valley Land Trust and All Hands Volunteers.
JUNE & JULY
• YogiNation — Denver
Dates: Saturdays, June 20, July 18, Aug. 22 and Sept. 12
More information: http://www.yoginationevents.com/denver.html
This “mini-yoga festival” is hosted on select Saturday mornings throughout the summer, and each day includes a yoga class, vendors, live music, food and drinks. Some instructors from the lineup include Justin Kaliszewski and the Outlaw Yoga Gang, Gonzales and Caputo. The event is held on the select dates at 575 S. Clermont St. in Glendale.
• Hanuman Festival — Boulder
Dates: Thursday, June 11, to Sunday, June 14
More information: http://www.hanumanfestival.com
Boulder’s annual yoga and music festival will be Thursday, June 11, through Sunday, June 14. The late-spring event hosts a full weekend of yoga and mediation classes and workshops from well-known instructors, offering a diversity of styles, including Vinyasa, Kundalini, Hatha, Ashtanga and therapeutic. Concerts on Friday and Saturday night are held at the Boulder Theater downtown.
• Wanderlust Festival — Aspen-Snowmass
Dates: Thursday, July 2, to Sunday, July 5
More information: wanderlust.com/festivals/aspen-snowmass
The Wanderlust Festival is held internationally, and Colorado is lucky enough to be one of the coveted venues. The event in Aspen-Snowmass is annually over the Fourth of July weekend.
“Wanderlust has been perfecting the art of festival for several years now,” said Caputo, who will also be teaching at Wanderlust Aspen-Snowmass this summer. “One thing that I think makes them successful is that they are constantly keeping up on both the yoga and music scenes and staying tuned to emerging teachers, artists and innovation. They make a point of offering a broad range of styles and disciplines so there’s something for everyone to explore.”
• Telluride Yoga Festival — Telluride
Dates: Thursday, July 9, through Sunday, July 12
More information: http://www.tellurideyogafestival.com
The eighth-annual Telluride Yoga Festival features yoga, hiking, social events, music, meditations, SUP yoga, Ayurvedic dinners and all-day workshops. The event will bring in more than 40 instructors, philosophers, musicians and healers, with more than 100 class offerings in venues spread out all over town.
• Eco-Adventure Yoga Retreat at Xinalani — Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Dates: Saturday, June 6, to Saturday, June 13
More information: summithotyoga.com/hot-yoga/events/shy-retreat
Summit Hot Yoga of Frisco is bringing a group to the Xinalani eco-resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, which combines yoga facilities with “eco-chic” accommodations, healthy food amidst a setting on the beach and alongside the jungle. The theme of this retreat is “Movement, Mantra and Mudras,” which will combine teachings of physical movement, words and sound and hand gestures.
The experience will include seven days and nights, daily yoga practices, three catered meals daily, airport transport and activity offerings such as hikes and swimming.
AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
• The Zen Project — Eagle
Dates: Friday, Sept. 18, to Sunday, Sept. 20
More information: eagleyogafest.com/schedule
“The Zen Project celebrates the slow side of yoga,” said founder Yvonne Schwartz. “We thought this festival would be an amazing contribution to the busy yoga festival season. It’s a festival that celebrates the opportunity to slow down, to relax, renew and restore.”
The festival highlights include Anjali Restorative with Shannon Paige, Yin Yoga with Corina Benner and Lunar Flow with Julia Clarke, among many others.
• Yoga Journal Live! — Estes Park
Sunday, Sept. 27, to Sunday, Oct. 4
More information: http://www.yjevents.com/ep15
Each year, Yoga Journal Live! brings a session to Colorado with some of the yoga world’s most notable instructors — this year including Kathryn Budig, Annie Carpenter and Seane Corn. A three-day, Global Action Summit with Corne is a featured session this year, held Monday, Sept. 28 through Wednesday, Sept. 30. Passes for the Summit, as well as full event passes, full-day workshop passes and weekend passes are available.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User