Evergreen man charged with kidnapping, assault | SummitDaily.com

Evergreen man charged with kidnapping, assault

Jane Stebbins

SILVERTHORNE – An Evergreen man is in the Summit County jail charged with kidnapping, assault/domestic violence and menacing in connection with an alleged April 22 attack on his wife.

According to District Attorney records, Edward and Diane Frisk traveled to Green Mountain Reservoir that morning. Once there, the couple began drinking and using cocaine.

An argument ensued, in which Frisk allegedly told his wife she was unfaithful and that if she didn’t admit it, he would kill her. She told police Frisk then started punching her – in the face, stomach and knees – until she lost consciousness. She said he told her he was going to cripple her so she could not leave.

The two left the campground in their motor home. Frisk then allegedly told his wife to remove her shoes and pants so she couldn’t run away.

“Diane said that he said if she ran, he would kill her,” the DA’s report reads. “Diane said she was hit so many times, she could not tell morning from the night.”

Frisk was driving eastbound on Interstate 70 and reportedly continued to hit his wife after pulling to the side of the road. Diane Frisk told officers her husband said, “I will kill you; I promise you.”

While parked on the side of the interstate, Diane Frisk unlocked the door to the motor home and ran, trying to flag down traffic and get a ride. A witness reported seeing a man chase a woman down the interstate, but Diane Frisk was gone when police arrived.

Diane Frisk hitchhiked to her home, where police found her hiding in her bedroom.

When Jefferson County Sheriff’s Officers found her, they said she had a black eye, and bruises on her shoulder, both sides of her temples and right arm.

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Officers arrested Edward Frisk later that day. He is being held on a $20,000 bond.

He was charged Thursday with second-degree kidnapping, domestic violence, third-degree assault and menacing. If convicted on all charges, he could serve 8 to 12 years in prison. A court date has not yet been set.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User