How to motivate your partner without sounding like a nag
You want to run but your buddy is done? Consider this advice for encouraging an unmotivated partner, constructively.
- Make sure the activity is something you both still enjoy.
- Place high value on the relationship. Convey an attitude that says, I want to be with you, whatever that looks like.
- Revisit positive memories of a shared activity.
- Suggest something completely new. Instead of hiking, try dancing.
- Examine why the lack of motivation is getting under your skin. Is it about meeting your goals together or trying to change your partner?
- Instead of making assumptions, ask open-ended questions, such as “What would motivate you?”
Brought to you by Kaiser Permanente.
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User